Skip to main content

maiden voyage

I was looking for a discrete set of active speakers to be used for fine acoustic music as a complement to my recording activities. 

I resent the idea of tripods with big boxes so I was looking for a kind of array system. There is a lot of choice but after pondering for a long time I decided to buy a RCF evox8 set.



It's amazing what comes out of that 2inch speaker array. You can barely see them in the picture. Works very well for classical music. I already got compliments.

I also recorded.
Musicians:
Jan Devlieger (harpsichord), Alexander Makay (guitar), Maaike Cottyn (flute)
Creation of  'Ode aan de Zwinstreek' a composition of Alexander Makay.

Harpsichord and guitar are close miked (for the speakers). Main omni pair (KM183) is in front.

a sample

recorded 2-DEC-2017, City Hall, Damme (B)


Comments