Skip to main content

home entertainment part 2

setting up the server

Since this is all about php and javascript we obviously need a web server. I like to keep it simple so I just install a version of xampp. This gives me more then I need for this project but disk space is not an issue and this way I am sure everything will work as expected.

XAMPP is here.

You also need to install winamp. I use the light version, there is no need for the 'full' version.

Winamp download page.

When running this thing locally (without internet connection) we will need the jquery library, you can find it here. Put it somewhere under htdocs ( in a separate directory if you like, there will be a plugin later so you can keep the jquery stuff together).


Finally the HTTPQ plugin for winamp is needed, you can download it here. Run the installer, you have no choise.


configuring winamp

There is not much to configure but we need to enable manual playlist advance since we want to take full control.


configuring httpq

This is easy, just choose a password and ip address from the dropdown menu.

Now we are ready to write some code. More fun in part 3.

Comments