Skip to main content

double dutch

I don't like transporting goods on the rear of my bike, before you know it half of the cargo is lost thanks to all the cobblestones in this town. So I was looking for a cargo bike and to my surprise there are lots of them.
I could have gone for a retro design (johnny loco or sparta) but I really fell in love with the doubledutch. Nothing retro, contemporary design, alu frame, 8 speed nexus and rollerbrakes. Completed with LED lights.

I made up my mind and settled for the red one:

source flickr

Sadly nearest official dealer is 50km away (could bike that but well, you know..). Asked the guy from the nearest bikeshop who stocks johnny loco and sparta, he didn't know the model, asked me to show him on the net. Now without even suggesting to buy one of the many bikes in his shop he calls the dutch and explains he has a customer who wants one of their bikes. Bike should arrive next week. Great!

update 25/06

Bike arrived today. Went to pick it up this evening, First thing I saw was this giant box at the back of the shop


Made a little testdrive, as expected it's a real eyecatcher. I love that bell.


Comments