Skip to main content

metering

I ordered and installed a energy counter for my distribution board. This model from Finder has a pulse output for every watthour.


I wired the meter to measure the consumption of my kitchen subboard. There is not much I can do but this will give me the consumption for cooking, washing, drying, freezing, cooling, dish washing and hot water.

I modified the firmware of my ethernet relay module to accept 3 counter inputs. Counter values for kWh are stored in flash eeprom.


All of this calls for some nice graphs. More to come...















update 15/01

Usually I use rrd to graph and it works very well but I really wanted to learn a few new tricks so I looked at some  javascript graphing libraries.
I played a bit with highcharts and I really like it. Some results so far:


The one Wh per pulse resolution of the energy meter is quite nice. The step in the graph is me making coffee.
Grid is 20 min interval.

Comments