Skip to main content

beolab 8000 repair



I like to use quality machined plugs on my cables (or should I say interconnects) but this puts a lot of strain on the socket and clearly the sockets of my beolabs are not designed to handle that kind of stress. Just to say that one of them got loose.

I was afraid to have to disassemble the whole thing but it turned out to be quite easy.
After lifting a small clip the cone can be removed. 


You need a T10 screwdriver to remove the assembly that holds the input socket.


Resoldering the socket fixed the problem.


Comments

Richo said…
I tired to repair beolab 8000 now.
but I cant remove the cone.
Can you explain where can lift a small clip?
Thank you!
Anonymous said…
its a circlip at the bottom of the cone. on the pole that sinks into the stand. Its small and I've been looking for ages too.
leohochhauser said…
I've been trying for years to find a way to remove the cone and fix my loose RCA connector. Anonymous, you deserve a prize! It took me 1 minute to slide down the clip with a sharp knife and then expose the connector unit.
Franklin said…
Hi how do i detach the whole speaker from the weight? Thanks.