Skip to main content

lab update

Should someone have told me "you will buy a siglent oscilloscope next year" my answer would have been "I don't think so".



Well, it happened, I gifted myself the new siglent SDS1202X-E.



And you know what, after playing for an hour with it I'm super pleased.

It is easy to work with, very responsive and has a ton of trigger features. It also decodes serial streams (within limits as Dave
Jones explains).
Nothing more is needed to check some signals on a arduino board.

Hey and to make a screenshot, put a stick in the USB port and press the blue button.

The unusual thing is: there are no options to this scope, none.

Oh and another thing: it is relatively quiet. A lot quieter then my agilent 54622D (and that was an expensive scope back in the day).




And yes, it's a budget scope, I payed 440 euros for it. And also yes, the rohde & schwarz RTB2000 was very tempting but the options are so horribly expensive and then there is also the new MIXPRE6 from sounddevices..

We'll see.



Comments