Skip to main content

energy footprint

Analyzing the graph from my energy cost review is a bit of a bummer. Although I managed to half my electricity consumption it doesn't really weigh on the totals. Heating the house takes it all.
Now, saving electricity is relatively easy, just switch off things that are not in use. For the heating that will be a bit more complicated as I already control the day/night temperature via my home server.

consumption in kWh, consumed electricity in green

The trouble is that I cannot make it too cold or it takes too long to heat up again. I have a system with an outdoor sensor to modulate the water temperature. Once the desired temperature is reached in the reference room the water temperature is lowered to maintain this condition. This works fine but if you turn on a radiator in a 'cold' room then it takes a long time to heat.

Well, it's a nice challenge.

Comments