Skip to main content

led light

I replaced the exterior lights with LED versions.That is 210W pictured below.

I did not feel like replacing the fixtures so I smashed 3 cheap GU10 socket ledlamps to pieces and mounted the components in them.
There is actually a double sided board for the rectifier. As expected the leds are wired in series. These units are 1W.



The bulb in this one is replaced with a 40 LED bulb, consumption is 2.5W.


Not as bright as before but given the power consumption is reduced to 6W I can leave them on now when I want.
Like when I am at the theatre and pour out the light by the kilowatts...

The economics of this is a bit dubious, replacement cost was 50 euro. For this amount of money I could have used the conventional lamps for a very long time should I only switch them on when needed. But hey, this is mainly decorative lighting so now I can use the lights as intended without worrying over the ecological footprint and cost.

related

regulation of theatrical stage lighting products

Comments